KESS InHouse Shirlei Patricia Muniz pinks in Hummingbird orange Nature Dog Bed, 50 x 40
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
bluee Pet Slow Food Bowl Dog Pot Dog Eating Dog Dish Dog Bowl Dog Food Bowl Large Dog Slow Food Rice Bowl (color bluee)
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including LTWHOME Value Pack of Carbon Filter, Coarse Filter and Fine Filter Pads Set Suitable for Eheim Classic 2215 350 2616151 (Pack of 24), baby adoption in the US, Karen Pryor Jewel i-Click, 24-pack, foster care adoption, Light Pink 2 Cup Light Pink 2 Cup SuperDesign Removable Stainless Steel Melamine Non-Skid Widthen Mouth Pet Feeding Bowl, for Cats and Brachycephalic Dogs 2 Cup Light Pink (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our B Collapsible Portable Cat Litter Box for Travel Light Weight Foldable Cat Toilet (color B). We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- gold MXueei ZfgG Wrought iron Bird Feeder Hanging Wild Bird Feeder Seed Container Garden Feeding Tools Supply Pet Supplies (color gold)
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- M Teach Your Dog to Come Outdoor Drag Line Long Leash with Bungee, 33' (Medium)
- Fits 13-Inch to 15-Inch Petego La Cinopelca Soft Flat Leather Dog Collar with Crystals, Yellow, Fits 13-Inch to 15-Inch
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- bluee Large bluee Large Mirage Pet Products pinks Nylon Ribbon Collar Martingale for Pets, Large, bluee
- Flat Roof Pet House Bed Lovable Slipper Dog Bed, 20 x 16 x 12 (Yellow)
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- A Hands-Free Reversible Small Dog Cat Sling Carrier Bag Pet Backpack Travel Tote Soft Comfortable Puppy Kitty Rabbit Double-Sided Pouch
- Black fits for 18 inch dog's neck size Black fits for 18 inch dog's neck size 18 inch Extra Wide Black Leather Dog Collar King Style 3 inch (70mm) wide
- Adoption Therapy
- Bird Rope Toys49 inch Long Parred Bungees Rope ToysBvanki Large Medium and Small Parred Toys Spiral Standing Toys (Medium 49 inch)
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- Encore Cat Pouch Multipack 6 x 70g (PACK OF 2)
BMW Genuine Boot Trunk Wire Mesh Dog Guard (51 47 2 292 188)
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, DIYthinker Black Cat Halloween Animal Art Silhouette Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm Gift, 90 x 60 cm Daonanba Elevated Pet Bed with Steel Frame Dog Bed Pet Sleeping Supply Comfortable Waterproof 90 x 60 cm, Coastal Pet 02901 B BLK22 Double Ply Collar, 1 by 22-Inch, Black, endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- 3 Cups Cat Weed Catnip has Maximum Potency Premium Blend Nip That Your Cats to Go Crazy Over (3 Cups)
- bluee2 L bluee2 L GKKXUE Four seasons cat nest, Soft dog mat, Simple pet sleeping bed, Dog sofa, Cat house (color bluee2, Size L)
- 1 69cm58cm17cm 1 69cm58cm17cm DSADDSD Pet House Dual-use Mat Kennel Cat Dog Beds Sofas Warm Soft Dogs House Kennel Baskets Four Seasons Using Pet Supplies (color 1 , Size 69cm58cm17cm)
- KONG Plush Lounger Dog Bed Red
- Farnam Weight Builder High Calorie Su 13kg 13703
- Pet Bed Pet Sofa Cat Nest Pet Nest Dog Nest Cat Kennel Kennel Clown Hat Plus Velvet Small Animal Sleeping Bag FENGMING (color RED, Size S)
- Plusrite 02401 MH175 T15 HOR 14K 2401 175 watt Metal Halide Light Bulb
- SHONGSHONG Pet Carrier Backpack, Extra Large Canvas Pet Out BagTravel Breathable Backpack Space Capsule Bubble Design for Cat and Small Dog,B
- ACLBB Detachable pet lever backpack, camouflage travel stand roller bag, suitable for medium kitten, dog
- NYLON BLACK 1\ NYLON BLACK 1\ Auburn Leathercraft No Tangle Lead 1 x 60 Nylon Black
- Remote Control RC Rat Mouse Wireless for Cat Dog Pet Funny Toy New by WW shop
- The colorado Saddlery Black Reins, 5 8-Inch
- Brown 3inch Wide (7 colors) New Styles Spiked Studded PU Leather Dog Care Collars Pitbull Size XL
- Black Hiking Camping Pet Carrier Backpack, Space Capsule Bubble Design,Waterproof SoftSided Handbag Backpack for Cat and Small Dogs colors to Choose
- bluee Weiwei Cat toy double hanging cylinder cat climbing frame cat jumping cat grab Column cat tree cat frame cat Plate Cat Scratch Board 37cm 25cm 64cm
- Dog Chain Pet Supplies Medium Dog Large Dog Cowhide Suit Traction Rope Dog Chain Leather Traction Belt Pet Leash
- FARNAM 2721001 StarbarQuikstrike Fly Scatter Bait
- HappyCare Textiles Luxury All Sides Faux leather Rectangle Pet Bed. Beige color, 26x18 inches
- KESS InHouse Alyzen Moonshadow ESCAPE Purple Multicolor Pet Bowl, 7
- Black Small Black Small Veredus Olympic Ankle Boot
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Monogram Solid Grey Letter Z Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 24 by 15-Inch
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- Flippy Flopper, 2 Pack colors May Vary
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- DIYthinker Flower Plant Leaf Green Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm Gift
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Atlantis Midi Canyon Cascade Waterfall
- 50pcs Pack Pet Grooming Bow Tie Dog Cat Hair Accessories Grooming Hair Bows with Clips for Puppy Kitten Hair Tie Dog Accessories
- 72 Box Count 2 Pack Kirkland Signature Dental Chews Dog Treats, 72 Box Count 2 Pack
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- 650W Electric Sheep Shearing Goats Set, 6 Speed 13 Teeth For Farm Goats, Electric Farm Supplies Sheep Goat Shears Animal Grooming Shearing Clipper, Black,110V
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- F3 MSchunou Panoramic Transparent Out-Port Portable Bright Space Capsule, Comfortable and Breathable, Suitable for Small and Medium-Sized Pets, Cats, Dogs
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- Burns Canine Sensitive Pork & Potato 15kg
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
Brown S Brown S SHYPwM Pet House Foldable Bed with Mat Soft Winter Leopard Dog Puppy Sofa Cushion House Kennel Nest Dog Cat Bed for Small Medium Dogs (color Brown, Size S 36x32x40cm) 36x32x40cm 36x32x40cm rpnarg2851-Pets
Dog Days Treats 100% All Natural Sweet Potato Made from North Carolina, 16 oz.
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. C S C S Wuwenw Pets Products For Puppies Pet Bed For Animals Dog Beds For Large Dogs Cat House Dog Bed Mat Cat Sofa Supplies,C,S, the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
Kruuse Task for Buster Activity Mat, Mouse Trap
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. Black-C 135X155CM Black-C 135X155CM BYCDD Dog Car Seat Covers for Back Seat, Waterproof Nonslip Pet Back Seat Covers Cover Predector Easy to Clean Universal Size Dog Hammock,Black-C_135X155CM, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
Black US7.5 EU38 UK5.5 CN38 Black US7.5 EU38 UK5.5 CN38 Women's shoes Nappa Leather Fall & Winter Comfort Boots Stiletto Heel Black
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
AWANDOG Pet Snuffle Mat Dog Smell Training Mat Stress Release Nosework Blanket Dogs Puzzle Toys
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive Hunter 4239-18-6300 NBA Wash Wizards Too Cute Pet Dress, X-Large allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
B 6050 B 6050 Pet house kennel Cat nest Washable Backrest paragraph Small dog Medium dog Large dog Pet nest Soft comfortable Four seasons available (color B, Size 60 50)
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about bluee Pet Bag Backpack Out Portable Chest Backpack Cat and Dog Supplies 36 x 31 x 17CM zbbSwza (color bluee).
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- Dodson & Horrell Equilac 10kg (1 hour radio show with experts)
- (Bichon) Scheppend Cosy Cuddly Pet Fleece Blanket Dogs Cats Bed Throws for Couch,Car Backseat,Crate,Kennel and Carrier
bluee Pet Bath Basin Foldable pet Swimming Pool, cat Dog Swimming Pool, Round pet Bath Pool,bluee
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- Dark purple Large Dark purple Large X-ZONE PET Airline Approved Pet Carriers,Comes with Fleece Pads Soft Sided Pet Carrier for Dog & Cat (Large, Dark Purple)
- KESS InHouse JG1037ADM02 Julia Grifol My Leaves Teal Green Dog Place Mat, 24 x 15
- (White, Full) USG Dressage Quillted Saddle Cloth with Double Rope Piping, Full, White White with Border, White
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- Kess InHouse Sylvia Cook purplec Purple Flowers Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13-Inch
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- blueE Pet Dog Car Back Seat Cover,Waterproof Car Seat Cover Pets,Dog Seat Cover Supply
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- Brown Plush Top Large Brown Plush Top Large KOPEKS Large Rectangular Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed Includes Waterproof Inner Predector & Removable Cover Brown
- Karlie Dog Camouflage Poncho, Size, L, grooming for dogs
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Black 26 Black 26 HorZe Supreme Dallas Dressage Girth
A Large A Large Kennel Pads Dog Beds Cat Litter House Closed House Folding Cat Villa Pet Supplies New Kennel Autumn and Winter,C,L Cat Bed Pet Supplies Cover (color A, Size Large)
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- A Zhyaj Dog Kennel Foldable Cat Dog Bed House Super Soft Animals Kitten Puppy Cave Sleeping Mat Pad Nest Kennel Or Bed Dog House 2PCS,A
- Coffee Meiyiu Pet Dog Cat Anti-bite Dinosaur Plush Toys Teeth Grinding Pets Funny Squeaky Sound Toys Coffee
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- May Vary One Size May Vary One Size Habitrail Ovo Home bluee Edition Hamster Habitat (One Size) (May Vary)
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- DIYthinker Kenya National Flag Black Pattern Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm Gift
- Large 30\ Kess InHouse Julia Grifol Tropical Leaves Dog Bed, 50 by 60-Inch
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
26\ Mirage Pet Products Western Heart Leather Red Dog Collar, 26
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- KESS InHouse KESS Original Space Adventurer Black Fantasy Pet Bowl, 7
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- Kenic Oatmeal Pet Shampoo for Allergy Itch Relief, Gallon
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- Hunter Green X-Small chest (11-13\ Hunter Green X-Small chest (11-13\ Gooby Freedom Harness II, Choke Free Mesh Harness for Small Dogs with Microsuede Straps, Hunter Green, X-Small
- F.M. Browns Pet 118528 Encore Classic Natural Parakeet Food 20 lbs.Options
Black Lakota Western Front Silky and Bridle Reins Various Colours
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as bluee Medium bluee Medium Weaver Leather Prodigy Guardian Athletic Boots, Coping with Infertility, and Large Dog Puppy Bobble Stitch Turtleneck Hand Knitted Sweater for Small Breeds (Large).
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
Buckle-Down Martingale Dog Collar Inside Out 6-Character Pose Sparkle bluee White 1 Wide Fits 11-17 Neck Size Medium
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
Fluorescent green Small Pet Dog Outing Bag Portable Adjustable Tote Bag Breathable Handbag S (color Fluorescent Green)
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
Farmina Vet Life Cat Renal kg. 5
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
1Pc Fish Tank Aquascaping Artifical Aquarium Coral Ornament Plant Yellow
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff